With the upcoming frigid temperatures, below are some tips from our friends at ETP to help ensure successful fuel operation. If you need any diesel fuel additives, please be sure to give us call, 1-800-286-2500.
- Agitating tanks before use
- Allowing vehicles to warm up for longer than normal
- Moving portable fuel tanks indoors out of elements
- Starting vehicles during weekends to prevent settling
- SOS or like product on hand
- Introduction of WASA in tanks to keep fuel in suspension during stretches
of cold weather
- Before freezing temperatures replace ﬁlters with 30 microns or larger size.
- The ﬁlter should not be a water removal (hydrosorb) ﬁlter in most situations.
- Make sure ﬁlters on diesel vehicles are replaced within regular truck
- If the truck or tractor ﬁlter is doing its job, it will contain some level of
moisture. Typical cold start-related issues are the result of diesel engine
ﬁlters icing not gelling.
- Inspect tanks for areas that need to be shored up (vent caps, ﬁll caps)
- Use at least 30-micron ﬁlters and make sure that they are not old and dirty
- Check for water bottoms and remove if present
- Treat the entire volume of the tank, not just the delivered fuel
- Check to make sure that the tank is not place under water runoff
- Remind customers not to leave the hose in the snow